See content related to this term
Please note that Treaty portions and decisions are manually tagged and some omissions may occur. To ensure comprehensive results, combine terms from the analytical index with terms used in a free-text search which can be entered in the search fields found in the Explorer.
- Plant Treaty
- Article 2 Use of Terms
- Article 5 Conservation, Exploration, Collection, Characterization, Evaluation and Documentation
- Cooperate to promote the development of an efficient and sustainable system of ex situ conservation, giving due attention to the need for adequate documentation, characterization, regeneration and evaluation, and promote the development and transfer of appropriate technologies for this purpose with a view to improving the sustainable use of plant genetic resources for food and agriculture;
- Article 6 Sustainable Use of Plant Genetic Resources
- Article 15 Ex Situ Collections of Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture held by the International Agricultural Research Centres of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research
- The scientific and technical facilities in which such ex situ collections are conserved shall remain under the authority of the IARCs, which undertake to manage and administer these ex situ collections in accordance with internationally accepted standards, in particular the Genebank Standards as endorsed by the FAO Commission on Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture.
- Specially Protected Areas Protocol