The Conference of the Parties, in Decision VCV/4 of its Fifth Meeting, decided:
- To note with appreciation the exemplary financial management by the Secretariat over many years;
- To take note of the financial report on the Trust Fund for the Vienna Convention for the Protection of the Ozone Layer for expenditures of the first year of the biennium 1998-1999, as contained in document UNEP/OzL.Conv.5/5;
- To approve the budgets of 70,590 for 2000, 70,590 for 2001, ,207,991 for 2002 and the proposed budget of 70,590 for 2003, as set out in annex I to the report of the fifth meeting of the Conference of the Parties;
- To urge all Parties to pay their outstanding contributions promptly and also to pay their future contributions promptly and in full, in accordance with the formula for contributions by Parties, as set out in annex II to the report of the fourth meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Vienna Convention for the Protection of the Ozone Layer (UNEP/OzL.Conv.4/6), for the year 2000, and in annex II to the report of the fifth meeting of the Conference of the Parties, for the year 2001;
- To draw down an amount of 5,000 from the unspent balance for the purpose of reducing it, thereby ensuring that the contributions to be paid by the Parties amount to 95,590 for 2000, 95,590 for 2001, ,132,991 for 2002 and 95,590 for 2003;
- To review the status of reserves in the Meeting of the Parties in the year 2002.