The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC/16/40.COM/7B,
- Recalling Decision 38 COM 7B.11, adopted at its 38th session (Doha, 2014),
- Takes note of the full scope of information provided by the State Party regarding the comprehensive redevelopment of the Ancient Panchi Pond area that is underway within the buffer zone of the property;
- Also takes note with satisfaction of the submission by the State Party of the Detailed Planning and Building Scheme for Construction Project of the Ancient Panchi Pond in the Buffer Zone of the World Heritage in Qufu (July 2015), the Conservation Planning for Temple and Cemetery of Confucius and the Kong Family Mansion in Qufu document, and a Heritage Impact Assessment (HIA) (August 2015), as requested;
- Urges the State Party to carry out HIAs, with a specific section focusing on the potential impact of the project on the Outstanding Universal Value (OUV), as a part of all future plans for major restorations or new construction projects, and to continue to inform the Committee, through the World Heritage Centre, about any future projects that may potentially affect the OUV of the property, including its authenticity or integrity, in accordance with Paragraph 172 of the Operational Guidelines, before making any decisions that would be difficult to reverse;
- Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 December 2017, an updated report on the state of conservation of the property and the implementation of the above, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 42nd session in 2018.