1. There shall be established a Conference of the Contracting Parties to review and promote the implementation of this Convention. The Bureau referred to in Article 8, paragraph 1, shall convene ordinary meetings of the Conference of the Contracting Parties at intervals of not more than three years, unless the Conference decides otherwise, and extraordinary meetings at the written requests of at least one third of the Contracting Parties. Each ordinary meeting of the Conference of the Contracting Parties shall determine the time and venue of the next ordinary meeting.
Tagged terms: Conference of the Parties, extraordinary Conference of the Parties, governing body, secretariat
2. The Conference of the Contracting Parties shall be competent:
a) to discuss the implementation of this Convention;
Tagged terms: implementation
b) to discuss additions to and changes in the List;
Tagged terms: annex, amendment
c) to consider information regarding changes in the ecological character of wetlands included in the List provided in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 3;
Tagged terms: conservation, ecological character
d) to make general or specific recommendations to the Contracting Parties regarding the conservation, management and wise use of wetlands and their flora and fauna;
Tagged terms: recommendation
e) to request relevant international bodies to prepare reports and statistics on matters which are essentially international in character affecting wetlands;
Tagged terms: international cooperation
f) to adopt other recommendations, or resolutions, to promote the functioning of this Convention
Tagged terms: recommendation, resolution
3. The Contracting Parties shall ensure that those responsible at all levels for wetlands management shall be informed of, and take into consideration, recommendations of such Conferences concerning the conservation, management and wise use of wetlands and their flora and fauna.
Tagged terms: capacity building, access to information, public awareness
4. The Conference of the Contracting Parties shall adopt rules of procedure for each of its meetings.
Tagged terms: Rules of Procedure
5. The Conference of the Contracting Parties shall establish and keep under review the financial regulations of this Convention. At each of its ordinary meetings, it shall adopt the budget for the next financial period by a two-third majority of Contracting Parties present and voting.
Tagged terms: financial mechanism, budget, voting
6. Each Contracting Party shall contribute to the budget according to a scale of contributions adopted by unanimity of the Contracting Parties present and voting at a meeting of the ordinary Conference of the Contracting Parties.