14. The Bureau examined the deferred and new requests received from the States Parties to the Convention and made the following recommendations to the Committee.
A. Technical Co-operation requests projects recommended for approval
- Malta - Hal Saflieni Hypogeum (request n°130.1)
The Bureau recommended that the Committee grant technical co-operation consisting of equipment and one month's consultant mission for a total amount of $9,000 to help with the preservation of the Hal Saflieni Hypogeum.
- Malta - Ggantija and Valetta (request n°131.1/132.1)
The Bureau recommended that the Committee grant technical co-operation consisting of a two-week consultant mission to advise on setting up a stone research and conservation unit necessary for the preservation of Ggantija and Valletta, at a cost of $3,250.
- Poland - Cracow's Historic Centre (request n°29.1)
The Bureau recommended that technical co-operation in the form of equipment, the cost of which amounts to $75,500, be granted to Poland for the safeguarding of Cracow's Historic Centre.
- Syrian Arab Republic - City of Damascus (request n°20.1 revised)
The Bureau recommended that the Committee grant technical co-operation amounting to $120,000 in the form of equipment and financial assistance for conservation work in the City of Damascus.