An formal indication by a Party expressing a choice, opinion, or wish to follow a particular course of action. Each Conracting Party to an international agreeement typically has one vote. (Source: drafted/MMA)
See all documents containing the keywords "voting"
3. 3. The Parties shall make every effort to reach agreement on any proposed amendment to the Convention by consensus. If all efforts at consensus have been exhausted, and no agreement reached, the amendment shall as a last resort be adopted by a three-fourths majority vote of the Parties present and voting at the meeting. The adopted amendment shall be communicated by the secretariat to the Depositary, who shall circulate it to all Parties for their acceptance.
6. 6. For the purposes of this Article, “Parties present and voting” means Parties present and casting an affirmative or negative vote.
Article is tagged with voting
5. 5. “Parties present and voting” means Parties present and casting an affirmative or negative vote.
3. 3. When the Conference of the Parties serves as the meeting of the Parties to this Protocol, any member of the Bureau of the Conference of the Parties representing a Party to the Convention but, at that time, not a Party to this Protocol, shall be replaced by an additional member to be elected by and from amongst the Parties to this Protocol.
Convention on Migratory Species (CMS)
3. 3. Where this Convention provides for a decision to be taken by either a two-thirds majority or a unanimous decision of "the parties present and voting" this shall mean "the Parties present and casting an addirmative or negative vote." Those abstaining from voting shall not be counted amongst "the Parties present and voting" in determining the majority.
Amendment of the Convention
4. 4. Amendments shall be adopted by a two-thirds majority of Parties present and voting.
2. 2. Each of the Contracting Parties represented at a Conference shall have one vote, recommendations, resolutions and decisions being adopted by a simple majority of the Contracting Parties present and voting, unless otherwise provided for in this Convention.
5. 5. The Conference of the Contracting Parties shall establish and keep under review the financial regulations of this Convention. At each of its ordinary meetings, it shall adopt the budget for the next financial period by a two-third majority of Contracting Parties present and voting.
Article 10 bis
5. 5. Amendments shall be adopted by a two-thirds majority of the Contracting Parties present and voting.
The Agreement on the Conservation of African-Eurasian Migratory Waterbirds (AEWA)
Scope, Definitions and Interpretation
(f) (f) "Parties present and voting" means the Parties present and casting an affirmative or negative vote; those abstaining from voting shall not be counted amongst the Parties present and voting.
Meeting of the Parties
5. 5. Only Parties have the right to vote. Each Party shall have one vote, but regional economic integration organizations which are Parties to this Agreement shall, in matters within their competence, exercise their right to vote with a number of votes equal to the number of their Member States which are Parties to the Agreement. A regional economic integration organization shall not exercise its right to vote if its Member States exercise theirs, and vice versa.
Article is tagged with voting
7. For the purposes of this article, "Parties present and voting" means Parties present and casting an affirmative or negative vote.
Article XVII: The Council
4. The voting procedure in the Council shall be as follows: