The Conference of the Parties
1. recalls the decision COP1/12 "Cross-cutting issues, including awareness raising, education and public participation";
2. welcomes the important contributions by ANPED, REC, ENSI and EURAC to awareness raising, education and public participation in the Carpathian Convention implementation process, and expresses its gratitude to the Italian Ministry of Environment, Land and Sea for its support;
3. supports and appreciates the Carpathian Sustainable Education Network (CASALEN) initiative and requests the interim Secretariat to assist its further development and implementation, and appreciates the related financial support provided by the private sector;
4. welcomes and supports the development of the Public Participation Strategy prepared by ANPED;
5. reiterates its recommendation to establish and develop national mechanisms to foster the implementation of the Carpathian Convention, including information, involvement and capacity building of relevant stakeholders and civil society related to the process and the future development of the Carpathian Convention;
6. invites Parties and other stakeholders to carry out regional consultations and to continue to raise public awareness in order to promote the Carpathian Convention implementation process;
7. urges Parties and invites other stakeholders to ensure the proper follow-up and implementation of the present decision.