The Conference of the Parties
1. appreciates the concrete contribution of the Carpathian Environmental Outlook (KEO) to the Carpathian Convention process;
2. appreciates the contribution of the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) into the Carpathian Project, as an important source of support for the Carpathian Convention implementation process;
3. takes note of the information submitted in the Secretariat note on spatial planning – Article 5 of the Carpathian Convention UNEP/CC/COP1/12;
4. decides to support the establishment of a Working Group on spatial planning under the Carpathian Convention Implementation Committee;
5. requests the interim Secretariat to convene the first meeting of the Working Group on spatial planning in order to define its terms of reference and initiate its concrete work;
6. requests the Secretariat to inform the Council of Europe’s European Conference of Ministers responsible for Regional/Spatial Planning (CEMAT) of its activities promoting the implementation of Article 5 of the Carpathian Convention, and invite CEMAT to contribute to the meeting(s) of the Carpathian Convention Working Group on Spatial Planning.